- This event has passed.
Fair Farms Information Workshop
May 18 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm AWST
Fair Farms is currently seeking expressions of interest for a Fair Farms Information Workshop to be held on the 18th of May 2022. The workshop will include information on how to join Fair Farms and the pathway towards certification. This workshop can be delivered online-virtually or in person.
Growcom’s Fair Farms program is an industry-owned social compliance training and certification program which has been designed to help growers improve their compliance with workplace laws and to demonstrate to buyers and the community that they treat workers in a fair, ethical, and responsible manner.
Why choose Fair Farms?
- Fair Farms is the only social compliance training and certification program developed in Australia, by and for the Australian horticulture industry.
- Developed by Growcom, an industry association, that represents and advocates for the horticulture industry.
- Growcom’s Fair Farms program is funded by the Department of Agriculture, Water, and the Environment.
- Growcom’s Fair Farms program is supported by industry leaders like AUSVEG, Fresh Markets Australia, and National Farmers Federation.
- Fair Farms certification has been accepted by major retailers Woolworths, Aldi, Coles, and Metcash (IGA).
- Compared to other social compliance programs, costs associated with training and audit are reasonable and supportive of growers.
- Comprehensive self-paced online training.
- Regular Fair Farms webinars, and local advice and support
- Receive a Fair Farms gate sign upon achieving certification.