As you will be aware by now, the Horticulture Award is under review, and the unions have made a number of very serious claims, including:
- 4 hour minimum engagement of casuals and part-time employees (at present there is no minimum engagement in the Hort Award);
- Overtime rates and penalties for casual employees on the same terms as full time employees;
- Conversion of casual employees to full time or part time after 6 or 12 months employment;
- A requirement that when employing casuals they are to be advised of a number of matters including likely hours;
- Require additional hours to be granted to existing casuals and part time employees before employing more casual and part time employees.
As a result vegetablesWA is working with your equivalent association in Qld, Growcom, to defend the industry.
It is absolutely VITAL that we have strong evidence to support our industry and our submissions to reject these claims. So we ask that you take 10 – 15 minutes to complete the following survey https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2MJP7G2
Please note that all information provided in the survey will be collated before it is passed on to a third party or made public– we are requesting your contact details only to avoid doubling up . We respect your privacy.
If you are prepared to provide a witness statement in support of the arguments and the impact the proposed changes will have on your business and your profitability and sustainability, please contact Donna at Growcom ASAP to discuss on 0736203844 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are fighting not only for our industry but for your business and success – please help up by completing the survey ASAP. Please also feel free to send on to other growers.