Join Melissa Denning and Stephen Farrell for a discussion on industrial relations, compliance and how growers can efficiently comply with their employment obligations.
Melissa and Stephen have put together a list of resources (below) and are available to answer any specific questions you may have using the contact information below:
0455 833 352
0477 477 044
- Piece rate video from Fairwork – https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=emb_title&v=A5lFS5jWCUw
Two industrial relations system. Why? Who fits in what system?
- Federal – Pty Ltd.
- State – Sole Traders and Partnerships
- Trusts – depends on who the trustee is
What is an award?
- Order of Fairwork or WA Industrial Relations Commission.
- Minimum legal obligations generally an industry or occupational group.
Main awards pertaining to our industry
- Federal system – Horticultural Award 2020 https://www.fwc.gov.au/documents/documents/modern_awards/future-awards/ma000028-november-2020.pdf
- State system – Fruit Picking and Packing Award https://www.wairc.wa.gov.au/en/FullAwards
- State system – Vegetable growers – award free as there is no specific award covering this sector. https://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/sites/default/files/atoms/files/award_free_employees_minimum_pay_rates_and_entitlements_summary_-_1020.pdf
Minimum wages at present
- Federal system – Horticultural Award – file:///C:/Users/Melissa/Downloads/horticulture-award-ma000028-pay-guide%20(1).pdf Increase occurred on 01 November
- State Award – Fruit Picking and Packing Award https://www.wairc.wa.gov.au/en/FullAwards – Clause 24 Increase due to occur from 01 Jan 2021
- Federal System – Fairwork Ombudsman
- State System – Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
What can we do to ensure we meet our obligations?