vegetablesWA is Western Australia’s peak industry body for vegetable growers. One of our key business areas is policy development and advocacy for local vegetable growers, and this work is the primary focus of our Acting CEO, Manus Stockdale.
Manus started his career at the West Australian Department of Agriculture and Food and has been working at vegetablesWA for almost 4 years
vegetablesWA has successfully undertaken advocacy for growers on a range of topics, including water, labour, biosecurity and government red tape policy.
A major challenge for growers can be understanding how to access new markets and making sure they have the right tools to do so.
Our Value Chain program is a free service designed to help link growers to both domestic and export markets. This service also hosts informative workshops and conferences and can assist growers when dealing with government agencies on market issues.
Some of the other areas this service covers:
- Rules and regulations
- Barriers to market entry
- Market access solutions
More information on quarantine rules around exporting from WA: Quarantine WA
- Recommendations of new ways to treat existing produce
- Assistance to diversify products
- International Market Growth
- Practical tools to help growers make connections into international markets
- Determining which markets are right for your product
- Download the Vegetable Industry Export Strategy 2020 Summary here or contact Ausveg firstname.lastname@example.org for the full version
For more information on our Value Chain services, contact the Operations Manager.