- To establish and receive input from the Regional Extension Reference Group to deliver a 5-year extension plan for Western Australia 1st July 2020-30th June 2025.
- An improved capability of levy payers to adopt best management practices and new innovations arising from improved extension research outputs that address a geographically and culturally diverse vegetable industry
- An improved levy payer awareness and attribution of the vegetable levy investments
- To deliver a strategic and focused plan that links extension with broad coalitions to deploy skills and capacity utilising the RDOs as the broker of technical knowledge from these partnerships
- To establish structures that ensure the right people are engaged in the process of delivering extension services within Western Australia
- To contribute to Outcome 5 of the Vegetable Strategic Investment Plan 2017-2021
The VegNET WA program will continue to link with current R&D projects to assist with grower engagement. This shared learning with a collaborative approach to the adoption of R&D will continue relationships built over the last 3years of VegNET phase 1. Under VegNET Phase 2 the role of the Industry Development Officer (IDO) will shift from being a conduit of technical insight to that of a Regional Development Officer (RDO)with a focus on enabling/brokering knowledge from various sources.
The key activities within this project will be:
- Creation of a Regional Extension Reference Group, comprising vegWA CEO, Project Manager and 2 RDOs, Hort Innovation Extension & Adoption Regional Co-ordinator, 3 growers who represent a cross section of industry within the region and an industry consultant
- Creation of annual regional extension workplans to implement the five year extension plan
- Submission of a Regional Extension Plan by the Regional Extension Reference Group for approval to Hort Innovation for collation into a single national document
- Regular updates to growers, stakeholders and industry through industry communications (national and regional) to increase awareness of levy funded R&D projects and outputs
- Extension and R&D outputs, as detailed in the RFP, and other information, will be delivered to WA vegetable growers
- Complete a National Communications survey, quarterly for Ausveg
- Assist R&D projects to gain regional input and local industry involvement in R&D activities in Western Australia.
- RDO participation in a mentorship initiative and development training in the innovation systems approach organised by Hort Innovation to support project outputs.
Strategy will be put in Sharepoint by Sam.
3 project briefs.
Reag terms of reference