Western Australia Vegetable Industry Benchmarks Report for 2016–2017 Financial Year
Prepared by vegetablesWA & Planfarm
This project has been part funded by the Department of Primary Industries & Regional Development and by Hort Innovation using the vegetable research and development levy and funds from the Australian Government. For more information on the fund and strategic levy investment visit horticulture.com.au
The vegetablesWA & Planfarm benchmarks is Western Australia’s first ever annual report into the financial and production performance of vegetable grower businesses. The 2016–17 financial year has been a positive, if not challenging year.
Key insights are:
• There were generally very positive outcomes however wide range of results.
• The best growers produced more income and controlled operating costs, focusing on growing vegetables.
• The WA vegetable industry can generate very positive returns comparable with any industry.
• There are easy changes to improve profits for those with lower results.
• The overall industry average numbers will change as the benchmarks evolve to include more businesses and we develop the measures used to benefit the industry.
Download the full report here Industry Benchmarking report